The St. Panayiotis Chapel

E-mail Print PDF

Agios Panayiotis Chapel

This is a modern, timber-roofed and single-aisle church with an anti-chapel, situated in the area of the community’s old stadium. The church is dedicated to the neo - martyr saint Panayiotis of Caesarea, who martyred in Constantinople on 24 June 1765. The saint was buried in the cemetery of the patriarchs in the Zoodochos Pigi Monastery in Constantinople.

The chapel was inaugurated on 7 August 2009 by the Morphou Bishop Neofytos. The sponsor of the chapel was Marios Constantinou of Pedhoulas.