Basilica chapel of St. Paraskevi

E-mail Print PDF

Agia Paraskevi Chapel

ST. PARASKEVI church is situated in the Poumis locality among the plantations. It belongs to the two-aisle, timber-roofed type of church and was part of a cemetery, probably dating to the 16th century. Fragments of glazed bowls from the church cemetery are exhibited in the Pedoulas Byzantine Museum.

Ceremonial icons of Christ, the Madonna and Agia Paraskevi (18th century) on display in the above Museum come from the Agia Paraskevi chapel. The 1734 wood-carved stand of the Agia Paraskevi holy icon is also kept in the museum.
The chapel celebrates on 26 July.